“I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” —Oscar Wilde

Shepaug Valley High School, Class of 1988

Me and Julia Denault. (Photo by Brenda Fitch Schlosser)
I was voted "Feminist" in the high school yearbook. 

I don't know why. I was gobsmacked when I saw the yearbook. I mean...I am...but what was it about me that the yearbook committee thought was particularly feminist?? I had never made a speech or written a manifesto or argued with anyone on the topic? I was not in the Debate Club nor did Model UN. 

 So weird. 
 
Also, the yearbook committee was comprised of all these people who took pictures of only their friends. Aside from my graduation picture, I don't think I'm even in there, lol. And there were only 95 of us in that class.
 
But it was a nice yearbook. I wish I still had it. I have no idea where along the way it got lost. If anyone no longer wants their Shepaug Valley High School Class of 1988 yearbook, message me.🏫


No comments: