This stupid AI trend is going around that presents these idiots with an image of "what you would have looked like in the 80s." Those of us who were there don't need to imagine ourselves in the 80s.
Unfortch, I don't really have any big hair/big make up/neon clothes pictures. That trend didn't really take over where I went to high school. Most I can offer is some heavily moussed bangs. Sometimes, like for the yearbook picture, I slept in tiny tight braids to achieve a crimping iron look—I could have used an actual crimping iron, but I never liked to use heat on my hair.
One time I begged my mom (she'd gone to beauty school) to give me a perm to "look like Wendy and Lisa." Purple Rain had just come out and I was OBSESSED. But to my utter disappointment the curls didn't last a week. That was my only perm ever. At least my friend Diana remembers that it briefly looked great.
Usually I wore my hair in a long thick braid, or I twisted my hair up with Chinese sticks or pencils.
I didn't wear much make up, and I favored earth tones. So, no typical 80s pics for me.
If I had a typical 80s pic it would be featured prominently on the front page of Diary of a Low Budget Superhero. Ya know, for cred. But still, I promise, I'm true blue Gen X all the way.
Ask me anything.💋
Roxbury CT. Photo by my favorite aunt Sharon Lombardi. Check out my cool elf boots and ankle socks. My dog Grover is in the background.
Me and Brenda, no idea where we were or who took this. Chinese Sticks in my hair.
Roxbury Falls. I think we were skipping school. Either Brenda or Hub took this, I'm thinking Brenda. We were always together in those days.
After graduation in '88 some of us rented a condo in RI and went there to let off steam and spend some time before a busy summer working and getting ready for college. This is a Brenda picture for sure.
Senior year, Humanities trip to a Rockefeller estate in NY. Mr. Roth and Mr. Fitterman held a contest--we all had to cook something for lunch, and they would try our dishes and declare a winner. I don't remember who won. Brenda and I made Lemon Chicken. Pictured is me, James (head cut off but always dressed impeccably), my beautiful friend Brenda, and our sweet friend Debbie. All still friends on Facebook!
Alas, the slept-in-braids yearbook picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment