“I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” —Oscar Wilde

On Charm: An Ellen Lubin-Sherman Quote

Ellen Lubin-Sherman
Some years back I did some editing for a style/fashion writer in NYC, Ellen Lubin-Sherman. She was a hoot. She once told me that she could tell over the phone if a woman was wearing leggings. It was not a compliment. I didn't dare tell her that I wore leggings nearly every day. Ellen would not approve.

One of the things I did for Ellen was to enter a bunch of quotations from her first book, The Essentials of Fabulous, into the Goodreads Quotations generator. 
 
If you don't know, the Goodreads Quotes widget is cool. I have it installed on the Blogger instance of Diary of a Low Budget Superhero. It's been on there for years, curated with quotes I like from all different books, from Alcott to Zappa. It generates a new quote upon refresh. 
 
It just delivered an Ellen quote that I appreciated today.  
“Charm's key ingredient is consideration for others.” 
—Ellen Lubin-Sherman
Indeed, Ellen. Good one.✌

No comments: