French Quarter in Downtown Boston Has Closed
-
A restaurant in the heart of Boston that featured traditional New Orleans
dishes has shut down.
According to multiple sources, French Quarter on Washingt...
Hot Chocolate - I’ll Put You Together Again
-
"*I’ll Put You Together Again*" is a song and single written by Don Black
and Geoff Stephens performed by *Hot Chocolate* and released in 1978, It
was al...
THE THREE STAGES OF HALLOWEEN
-
Its that time of the year again - the nights are drawing in, the pumpkins
are ready to be harvested and everything's starting to take on a decidedly
spo...
63 Days and Counting
-
*The COUNTDOWN has begun...63 days until the Mid-Terms*...come November...
RTD...ya'll think that trump doesn't know this?...and is dreading it...of
cour...
Come time-travel with me
-
If you’ve been here long enough you probably know that I’ve been doing an
art substack where I share my strange doodles each week for years now (and
I’m go...
Amplissima Fields Converge
-
Amplissima Fields Converge
This is the third Amplissima album and so far the only one to have a human
guest.
That guest is the amazing Vanessa Le...
Von Ryan’s Express (Von Ryan #1) (1964)
-
by David Westheimer
This is a very good adventure novel, but there is more going on beneath the
surface.
During World War II, a strict American of...
SHELLEY ON STEROIDS … PLUS
-
*The Bride could have just as easily been called The Channel, for if you
try to imagine combining Christine Cagney as a 1930s wannabe, add a
reincarnated...
Google's unprecedented lapse
-
On August 3, a bug in Google's automated security system disabled hundreds,
and probably thousands, of Blogger blogs. ¶
[image: A classical portrait of ...
Better Late Than Never
-
Remember me? It’s been a while, I know. My last blog post went up here on
February 19. The posts that came after were made by my mighty minions.
I am ...
BENJAMONSTER AWARDS 2026: The Recap
-
I hope you enjoyed my month of awards! Here's a recap of all the awards,
check below this post for each individual award post.
This blog will take the next...
Blades (1988) or How I Spent My Summer Vacation
-
HELLO
Happy Summer. I'm melting. Hope everyone is doing well!
I went back home to South Dakota for the 4th. Had to put eyes on Dad and
check in on my br...
Can Phoebe be 30?
-
Ah, Phoebe. The milestones are coming too thick and fast for your poor old
mother. I’m still trying to process the enormity that was your wedding, and
her...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
Review: 'The Bad Seed' Blu-ray
-
In 1954, William March published a book about a child who kills not because
she's an invading alien, like the kids in *The Midwich Cuckoos,* or because
s...
rating movies i watched (august edition)
-
SPIDER-MAN BRAND NEW DAY (2026) ☆☆☆☆
this was my raw reaction the second i came out the cinema: * (SPOILERS)*
now is later, i think i still love it a...
A couple hiccups in Remembering Rob Reiner
-
If you've been following my bi-monthly *Remembering Rob Reiner* series --
yes there are two of them in alternating months, one concentrating on
favorites...
My Top 25 of the Last 25: Reviews
-
This was by far the toughest of these lists to write, and not just because
the research took so much longer than I anticipated. Many of these reviews
ar...
Minnie Pearl
-
*"God has a plan for all of us, but He expects us to do our share of the
work."*
*Minnie Pearl* was born Sarah Ophelia Colley Cannon in Centerville,
T...
The Dog Stars is ruff for all the wrong reasons
-
*The Dog Stars* protagonist Hig (Jacob Elordi) endures a challenging
existence. Not because of the dystopian future he now navigates every day.
Instead, ...
Sherlock (2026) by Various Authors
-
The subtitle to Sherlock really says it all: "Ten New Stories. Ten
Incredible Writers. The Game Is Afoot...Again." Add the terrific
introduction by the alw...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.
1 comment:
I remember seeing that haircut...
Post a Comment