OMG. This week's #ThrowbackThursday was just a screenshot of an entry in the blog from October 2002. I remember, I lol'd and jotted down this exchange between Riker and Data on Star Trek: The Next Generation. The episode was The Naked Now, which was (I looked it up) the 3rd episode of Season 1.
It's a Diaryland post. This is it, this is the whole blog post.
Hey, this blog stuff is going to be great when my memory goes.
On a related topic, I was talking with my neighbor Alex earlier about blogging. He'd blogged back in the day, and had done what a lot of people did—delete all kinds of blog entries for being useless. I just don't see it that way. I keep it all.
Blogging is today's version of the letters people used to send to one another 300 years ago. There's a Louisa May Alcott volume of letters she wrote from when she was a child all the way to when she was a successful writer and right before she died. I'm quite certain that Louisa was trans. Fascinating. There's also her dad's letters. Bronson Alcott was a pioneering teacher, an abolitionist, a vegan, and fought for women's rights. Was he a frikkin' time traveler from the future? Ben Franklin could never get his letters published (in his own brother's paper) until he invented a persona he called Silence Dogood. "She" published 14 letters, about the stupidity of hoop skirts and other mundane things. You can find loads of historical letters at museums and online.
I figure when I'm a dust fart someone will like to know that I found a sci-fi TV show quite hilarious on a Sunday morning in October 2002.👾

No comments:
Post a Comment