I have a Pandora station I listen to a lot while I'm writing or working on my blogs. So many times I've dug a tune that comes up only to find it's DJ Shadow. This morning it happened again, and I finally said to myself "I think I love DJ Shadow." I found some of his albums on YouTube. Great stuff. I'll have to buy some DJ Shadow.👍
Weak Hands - We Can’t!
-
The best thing about the underground music scene right now is that there's
so much great music out there. That can also be one of the greatest
challenges...
Midnight Cowboy (1969)
-
Director: John Schlesinger
Writers: Waldo Salt, based on the novel by James Leo Herlihy
Stars: Dustin Hoffman, Jon Voight, Sylvia Miles, John McGiver, Bren...
Paul Young - Everything Must Change
-
"*Everything Must Change*" is a song by English singer *Paul Young*,
released in November 1984 by CBS Records as the second single from his
second album ...
Small Potatoes
-
*And you thought he couldn't go any lower...*trump, the acting President*...actually...no
really...did...in fact say this...that the DEATHS in his trump ...
Housekeeping!
-
This isn’t a real post…just a collection of stuff that doesn’t fit anywhere
else. Purrsy Bysshe Shelley was not pleased with the lack of attention.
Clearly...
The Mad King is coming to London
-
I had a splendid time in Stratford upon Avon for the premier of Duncan
Macmillan and Dominic Cooke’s epic new stage production of Game of Thrones:
The Mad ...
Spaceslug
-
Spaceslug
On a recent Bandcamp Friday, I discovered a band called Spaceslug.
I am so impressed by the awesome rock value of that band name.
It’s one o...
THE THREE STAGES OF HALLOWEEN
-
Its that time of the year again - the nights are drawing in, the pumpkins
are ready to be harvested and everything's starting to take on a decidedly
spo...
SHELLEY ON STEROIDS … PLUS
-
*The Bride could have just as easily been called The Channel, for if you
try to imagine combining Christine Cagney as a 1930s wannabe, add a
reincarnated...
Google's unprecedented lapse
-
On August 3, a bug in Google's automated security system disabled hundreds,
and probably thousands, of Blogger blogs. ¶
[image: A classical portrait of ...
BENJAMONSTER AWARDS 2026: The Recap
-
I hope you enjoyed my month of awards! Here's a recap of all the awards,
check below this post for each individual award post.
This blog will take the next...
Blades (1988) or How I Spent My Summer Vacation
-
HELLO
Happy Summer. I'm melting. Hope everyone is doing well!
I went back home to South Dakota for the 4th. Had to put eyes on Dad and
check in on my br...
Can Phoebe be 30?
-
Ah, Phoebe. The milestones are coming too thick and fast for your poor old
mother. I’m still trying to process the enormity that was your wedding, and
her...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
Venice 2026: 'Look Back' Review
-
Sad to say, but Japanese filmmaker Hirokazu Koreeda has put out not one but
two disappointing films this year. I was underwhelmed by *Sheep in the Box* a...
"Prison Break," Year One
-
"Prison Break" is a FOX drama that ran for five seasons. I watched the
first one, and will not be watching any of the others. It's not a bad
show, but ...
Watching along with Hitchcock/Truffaut
-
I'm dutifully continuing the endeavor I began almost a year ago, in which I
vowed to alternate the books I'm reading between books that are related to
fi...
Psychobabble's Psychedelic 500: #25 - 1
-
Welcome back to *Psychobabble's Psychedelic 500*, in which I count my
personal fave psych songs from 500 all the way down to #1! Today, let's see
what's ...
The Dolly Parton Family Cemetery
-
Nope, she ain't buried here, nor is she going to be. After her untimely
death on August 25th, Dolly Parton was laid to rest In Nashville, at
Woodland ...
rating movies i watched (august edition)
-
SPIDER-MAN BRAND NEW DAY (2026) ☆☆☆☆
this was my raw reaction the second i came out the cinema: * (SPOILERS)*
now is later, i think i still love it a...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.
No comments:
Post a Comment