I have a Pandora station I listen to a lot while I'm writing or working on my blogs. So many times I've dug a tune that comes up only to find it's DJ Shadow. This morning it happened again, and I finally said to myself "I think I love DJ Shadow." I found some of his albums on YouTube. Great stuff. I'll have to buy some DJ Shadow.👍
The Epstein Files
-
*This story seemingly never ends...the Epstein Files*...un-redacted...BTW,
when did this word come into play?...not before the trump regime took
power.....
BENJAMONSTER AWARDS 2026: The Recap
-
I hope you enjoyed my month of awards! Here's a recap of all the awards,
check below this post for each individual award post.
This blog will take the next...
Ian Matthews - Ebbets Field, Denver, CO, 6-3-1976
-
Here's yet another Ebbets Field radio broadcast concert. This time, it
stars singer-songwriter Ian Matthews.
Here's the Wikipedia entry intro for him: "H...
Smile! (and account security)
-
Google is unrolling a new way to make your Google account recoverable if
you forget your password, are hacked, or otherwise lose access. ¶
[image: Three...
Go to Trip City
-
Trip City is an album with Tim Mungenast (our main partner in musical
crime) and Astro Al (that's us).
Here is my write up about it.
A lot of this a...
Sometimes I disappear even to myself
-
So if you are a very close follower of mine you probably noticed that I
disappeared here for over a week, which I don’t think I’ve ever done
before. I’d li...
Badzy - ...To The Bone
-
You've surely seen some of the rave reviews for ...*To The Bone*, the debut
album from New Orleans-based Badzy. I sure don't disagree with anything
I've ...
A NIGHT IN & ON THE TOWN
-
Nostalgia has been on my mind of late … it “comes with the dinner” upon
reaching one’s eighties. First there was my extended weekend going down
memory la...
My Journey Through 1970s TV: Tuesday Nights, 1978
-
CBS and NBC tried their best with new and returning offerings, but neither
had a chance against the juggernaut that was ABC’s Tuesday night hit
factory. F...
ROBOT MONSTER (1953)
-
DIRECTED by Phil Tucker
SCREENPLAY by Wyott Ordung
STARRING - George Nader as Roy
Claudia Barrett as Alice
Selena Royle as Mother
John Mylong as The ...
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
-
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Lawrence Kasdan, story by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman
Stars: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lac...
Blades (1988) or How I Spent My Summer Vacation
-
HELLO
Happy Summer. I'm melting. Hope everyone is doing well!
I went back home to South Dakota for the 4th. Had to put eyes on Dad and
check in on my br...
Can Phoebe be 30?
-
Ah, Phoebe. The milestones are coming too thick and fast for your poor old
mother. I’m still trying to process the enormity that was your wedding, and
her...
Song of Ice and Fire 2027 Calendar
-
We’re proud to announce that the new 2027 calendar with art from the most
talented Tyler Jacobson will be available for sale on 7/21 and here is a
PRE-ORDE...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
Black Box - Fantasy
-
"*Fantasy*" is a song by American band Earth, Wind & Fire, which was issued
as a single in 1978 by Columbia Records. In 1990, Italian group *Black Box*
r...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
"Crime 101" and "Mike & Nick & Nick & Alice"
-
Two quick reviews of some interesting genre films today, which I don't want
to see fall through the cracks.
First we have "Crime 101,"written and directe...
I See You've Called in Dead (2025) - John Kenney
-
To say that I've been overwhelmed by life lately is a gross
understatement. We are still in the early stages of dealing with the
aftermath of my brother-i...
Jesse James
-
*"My pistols, however, I always kept by me."*
*Jesse Woodson James* was born near Kearney, Missouri on September 5,
1847. He was the son of Robert, a ...
I needed a low ticket alert for Frozen Jr.
-
The Los Angeles-based group Cinespia, which hosts screenings at the
Hollywood Cemetery, still sends me emails. Why wouldn't they? I never
removed myself ...
'Spider-Man: Brand New Day' Review
-
Best of the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies? I think so. For *Screen
International*, I reviewed the thrilling, thoughtful *Brand New Day*.
Psychobabble's Psychedelic 500: #175 - 151
-
Welcome back to *Psychobabble's Psychedelic 500*, in which I count my
personal fave psych songs from 500 all the way down to #1! Today, let's see
what's ...
spider-bag update !
-
for a second there i thought i wasn't gonna have it in time for the new
spider-man movie, but it's done ! (if you missed the first post about it,
here).
...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.
No comments:
Post a Comment