BLOG

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Just don't get in bed.

Just don't get in bed.
Just don't get in bed.
Just don't get in bed.
Just don't get in bed.

The urge to turn off the world and get back into bed is so strong today. It's like a powerful undercurrent constantly drawing me towards cool sheets, a fan, cool pillow in front of an open window where the birds and the breeze wait to summon slumber. Escape, to put it simply.

But through the sheer power of energy crowdsourcing I found the will to get up, get showered, and get out of the house. I had about thirty people on Facebook all cheerleading me on, so I used that energy like an engine to pull myself up. It's like I've got my own group therapy, and this is my group. 

I'm back home now, it's about 2 o'clock, and I have some chores I need to do. I think I can maintain. But it's a constant, never ending struggle.

Just don't get in bed.
Just don't get in bed.
Just don't get in bed.
Just don't get in bed.