A Printed Version of the Maximum Wall Booklet?
-
Fabio from Rio was instrumental in making the 180 page booklet for Pink
Floyd's "Maximum Wall," and he's very interested in making some printed
copies. H...
Spree (2020)
-
October Challenge Day 6
Oh social media - what has it turned us into? Let's talk about the "dark
comedy" that is:
*Spree*
This story follows a young ma...
Filling a void with a cuter void.
-
So last week Victor and Hailey and I went to socialize feral shelter
kittens and the kittens were all like, “fuck you guys” and hid but there
was this lank...
LPM Restaurant & Bar Opens in Boston's Back Bay
-
In the early part of 2025, it was reported that a location of a group of
high-end French Riviera-inspired restaurants would be coming to Boston, and
now ...
The Demise
-
*What US President says that?*...*trump*...the only one ever....as his
jarring quote at a maga rally in Nebraska...*Iran could take out LA and San
Diego...
Parasites - self-titled EP
-
How wild is that I've now been reviewing Parasites records over a period of
thirty+ years? If you had told me, when I was a 24-year-old kid, that I'd
be ...
Wham! - Club Tropicana
-
"*Club Tropicana*" is a single by English pop duo *Wham!*, released by
Innervision Records in 1983. It was written by members George Michael and
Andrew R...
Witch
-
When the witch created that world
Water dripped off the ice from the leafless tree branch
Into the puddle filled with the small growing organisms
Then t...
BENJAMONSTER NEWSLETTER: October 5, 2026
-
Welcome back to my Monday newsletter! This week, I am taking a look at
Netflix's *East of Eden *and HBO's *War*. Plus, the latest episode of *Ted
Lasso*, m...
Spectrum Allocation
-
[image: Rumor has it that they're finally auctioning off the zeppelin
navigation bands, but everyone is worried that the scary boat captains will
express i...
TRANSITIONS
-
There were so many reasons for me to see the documentary,* Will & Harper. *A)
It’s a road-trip movie and driving across country has been a hobby of min...
I Sing of Vireos
-
Glam birding season is here! Oh my gosh, sitting on the deck on a crisp
September morning with my two best friends (Shila, who took this portrait)
and Tato...
NEAR DARK (1987)
-
DIRECTED by Kathryn Bigelow
SCREENPLAY by Eric Red & Kathryn Bigelow
STARRING - Adrian Pasdar as Caleb Colton
Jenny Wright as Mae
Lance Henriksen as...
My Journey Through 1970s TV: Thursday Nights, 1978
-
Thursdays in 1978 did not come to mind when I thought back on standout
nights of television from my youth. But when I looked back at the schedule
it was s...
The Mad King is coming to London
-
I had a splendid time in Stratford upon Avon for the premier of Duncan
Macmillan and Dominic Cooke’s epic new stage production of Game of Thrones:
The Mad ...
Google's unprecedented lapse
-
On August 3, a bug in Google's automated security system disabled hundreds,
and probably thousands, of Blogger blogs. ¶
[image: A classical portrait of ...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
My latest hill to die on
-
Last week when I wrote a short post about the cute method the Sun Theatre
had of ticketing for *Digger*, I mentioned I would likely be writing
another *D...
cozy/spooky october recs 🍂
-
october is my favorite month, not because it starts with my birthday, but
because it has the best vibes out of all the months. you can feel the heat
leavin...
Review: 'Horror of Dracula' Blu-ray
-
In 1957, the world gasped before the film that defined Hammer Horror. With
Terence Fisher behind the camera, and Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee,
classic ...
New York 2026: 'Artificial' Review
-
Wanna hate the people responsible for foisting AI on us? Then perhaps
*Artificial *will do the trick, with Andrew Garfield playing controversial
OpenAI ...
Aang and Grogu Get New Movies
-
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to pair these two
features together. "Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender" and "The Mandalorian
and Grogu...
Strother Martin
-
*"No man can achieve immortality. We don't live for what comes after we
are dead, but for what we can achieve in this life - the only chance we
have."...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.