Servants of Twilight (1991)
-
October Challenge Day 24
Well, this was a little strange and uncomfortable. Let's talk about the
curious:
*Servants of Twilight*
This is the Dean Koont...
'A Cheesecake Factory'
-
*You need an observation of what trump has been doing?...thank God,
President Barack Obama stepped up and let us hear it as it really is... the
misdirec...
Useless forbidden knowledge
-
* In which the author writes about something that bloggers should probably
ignore, in the hopes that greater knowledge will *(please!) *convince them
to ...
Saus at Bow Market in Somerville Is Closing
-
What was once a pair of comfort food spots will soon no longer exist, as
its sole remaining location is shutting down.
According to an article from What ...
Blue Velvet (1986)
-
Writer / Director: David Lynch
Stars: Isabella Rossellini, Kyle MacLachlan, Dennis Hopper, Laura Dern,
Hope Lange, Dean Stockwell, George Dickerson, Prisci...
Betty Boo - Doin' The Do
-
"*Doin' the Do*" is a song by English singer-songwriter *Betty Boo*,
released in May 1990 by Warner Bros. as the second single from her debut
album, Boom...
Classic Halloween TV Movie: “Don’t Go to Sleep”
-
It's that time of year again.
I always feel some pull to do at least one Halloween post in the spirit of
the season, and thankfully there were a rich sup...
THE ART OF THE PITCH
-
Some say that proper nouns are the first thing to go. What “some say” is
certainly true in my case. For instance, I simply cannot remember the name
of Jo...
BENJAMONSTER NEWSLETTER: October 19, 2026
-
Welcome back to my Monday newsletter! This week, I am looking at the new
seasons of *The Lowdown *and *The Diplomat*. Plus, the latest episodes of *Elsbeth ...
THE FOG (1980)
-
DIRECTED by John Carpenter
WRITTEN by John Carpenter & Debra Hill
STARRING - Adrienne Barbeau as Stevie Wayne
Jamie Lee Curtis as Elizabeth Solley
Jan...
I Sing of Vireos
-
Glam birding season is here! Oh my gosh, sitting on the deck on a crisp
September morning with my two best friends (Shila, who took this portrait)
and Tato...
The Mad King is coming to London
-
I had a splendid time in Stratford upon Avon for the premier of Duncan
Macmillan and Dominic Cooke’s epic new stage production of Game of Thrones:
The Mad ...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
Hell is other people
-
You really didn't expect me to get all highfalutin and start quoting
Jean-Paul Sartre in the ninth (!) post this month about the *Friday the
13th* series...
Wildwood is a glorious, must-see fantasy epic
-
It’s moronic. General Western perceptions that animation is only “for
children” and can “only” tell certain stories are preposterous. Anyone
witnessing t...
collage club (day dreaming)
-
i've always wanted to be part of a club, i used day dream with a book club
as a kid. now that i'm an adult, i know i would never fit in one of those,
i a...
'Fatherland' Review
-
Pawel Pawlikowski returns for his first film since *Cold War*. *Fatherland* is
a real stunner as well, and I was very happy to review it for the *Los
An...
Christopher Nolan and "The Odyssey"
-
Just as Guillermo Del Toro's "Frankenstein" was a father-son story with
redemption and monsters on its mind, Christopher Nolan's version of "The
Odyssey"...
Olympia Dukakis
-
*"So, I constantly play women who are damaged and out of touch, who are
seeking without knowing, or knowing without the skills to transform their
lives...
Review: 'Son of Monster Mash'
-
Pulling Mark Voger's *Monster Mash* off the shelf is an integral part of
getting into the Halloween mood every year, but it's been eleven years
since Vog...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.