Carrie (Television Show, 2026)
-
October Challenge Day 22
I was cautiously optimistic about this, and was PLEASANTLY delighted by the
new televisions show:
*Carrie*
A damn near seamles...
Blue Velvet (1986)
-
Writer / Director: David Lynch
Stars: Isabella Rossellini, Kyle MacLachlan, Dennis Hopper, Laura Dern,
Hope Lange, Dean Stockwell, George Dickerson, Prisci...
Betty Boo - Doin' The Do
-
"*Doin' the Do*" is a song by English singer-songwriter *Betty Boo*,
released in May 1990 by Warner Bros. as the second single from her debut
album, Boom...
The Welcome Relief
-
As I have been wailing about the *HEAT, MY GAWD, THE HEAT*...the
humidity...for some, they might say...poor boy...we had some foreign
weather happenings...
Classic Halloween TV Movie: “Don’t Go to Sleep”
-
It's that time of year again.
I always feel some pull to do at least one Halloween post in the spirit of
the season, and thankfully there were a rich sup...
Nick Piunti - Under the Wire
-
Well here comes Mr. Dependable again! When it comes to Nick Piunti, the one
thing you can always count on is quality. The new EP *Under the Wire* finds
t...
THE ART OF THE PITCH
-
Some say that proper nouns are the first thing to go. What “some say” is
certainly true in my case. For instance, I simply cannot remember the name
of Jo...
BENJAMONSTER NEWSLETTER: October 19, 2026
-
Welcome back to my Monday newsletter! This week, I am looking at the new
seasons of *The Lowdown *and *The Diplomat*. Plus, the latest episodes of *Elsbeth ...
THE FOG (1980)
-
DIRECTED by John Carpenter
WRITTEN by John Carpenter & Debra Hill
STARRING - Adrienne Barbeau as Stevie Wayne
Jamie Lee Curtis as Elizabeth Solley
Jan...
Maybe we’ll see Björk?
-
I am finally coming out of this massive depression and I just had a week
where I felt like an actual human with real human energy and it was such a
relief ...
Add a map-search element to your blog
-
Blogger has a new tool to feature a *location*. It's called a "map widget"
and provides a distinctive graphical display that is linked to Google Maps.
T...
I Sing of Vireos
-
Glam birding season is here! Oh my gosh, sitting on the deck on a crisp
September morning with my two best friends (Shila, who took this portrait)
and Tato...
The Mad King is coming to London
-
I had a splendid time in Stratford upon Avon for the premier of Duncan
Macmillan and Dominic Cooke’s epic new stage production of Game of Thrones:
The Mad ...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
The Streaming Wars Hangover Era
-
It's a weird time in television. There's plenty of good TV, with fun new
titles like "Widow's Bay" and "Furious" in the mix. However, we're several
yea...
Sacha Baron Cohen Is Still Obsessed With America
-
For more than 25 years now, the British performer's biggest comedic target
has been the United States. But does his satire still have any teeth? For
th...
A failure to enter comedy mode
-
I've watched the first eight *Friday the 13th* movies now, which means I
only have three left, not counting the reboot, which I watched only last
year an...
Review: 'Son of Monster Mash'
-
Pulling Mark Voger's *Monster Mash* off the shelf is an integral part of
getting into the Halloween mood every year, but it's been eleven years
since Vog...
cozy mushroom
-
i failed to post yesterday, which i guess means i failed the *post every
day of october* challenge, i still want to try and post as much i can, so
this i...
Jack Webb
-
The story you about to read is true.
*John Randolph "Jack" Webb* was born in Santa Monica, California on April
2, 1920. He never knew his father, who ...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.