Ranked: The 1970s
-
A ranking of all the films released during the 1970s that have been
reviewed on my blog.
#48
Time to Run (1973)
https://thericochetreviewer.blogspot....
Ruckus - self titled 12"
-
Three years after dropping the impressive single *Two Easy*, the
international super-group Ruckus has delivered a 12" EP that has all the
punk rockers go...
A Lull in the trump WAR
-
*It is the dangest thing*...with all the shelling that was rampant...and
all the threats back and forth...well, mostly by *trump*...the proclaimed
reaso...
Another Brady Bunch Life Lesson
-
Soon I'll be providing details about the new, expanded edition of my book *When
Television Brought Us Together*, which has an official publication date of ...
THREE BAGS FULL
-
If you want to be charmed … even, quite possibly against your will … then
you might be just the candidate for The Sheep Detectives. For me it was not an
...
Things that I've Written Part 1
-
So here's an occasional series I will do on this here blog.
This series will be about other writings that I've done as I have existed
on this rock that...
Go West - Call Me
-
"*Call Me*" is a 1985 song by the English pop duo *Go West* made up of
Peter Cox and Richard Drummie and is from their debut studio album Go West,
On 7" ...
ENDGAME (1983)
-
DIRECTED by Joe D'Amato
SCREENPLAY by Alex Carver & Joe D'Amato
STARRING - Al Cliver as Ron Shannon
Laura Gemser as Lilith
George Eastman as Karnak
...
Fire nipples
-
My eyes have decided to stop working in low-light so I bought this necklace
thing that has little flashlights at the end so I could use it for reading
and ...
Google's unprecedented lapse
-
On August 3, a bug in Google's automated security system disabled hundreds,
and probably thousands, of Blogger blogs. ¶
[image: A classical portrait of ...
Better Late Than Never
-
Remember me? It’s been a while, I know. My last blog post went up here on
February 19. The posts that came after were made by my mighty minions.
I am ...
BENJAMONSTER AWARDS 2026: The Recap
-
I hope you enjoyed my month of awards! Here's a recap of all the awards,
check below this post for each individual award post.
This blog will take the next...
Blades (1988) or How I Spent My Summer Vacation
-
HELLO
Happy Summer. I'm melting. Hope everyone is doing well!
I went back home to South Dakota for the 4th. Had to put eyes on Dad and
check in on my br...
Can Phoebe be 30?
-
Ah, Phoebe. The milestones are coming too thick and fast for your poor old
mother. I’m still trying to process the enormity that was your wedding, and
her...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
Psychobabble's Psychedelic 500: #75 - 51
-
Welcome back to *Psychobabble's Psychedelic 500*, in which I count my
personal fave psych songs from 500 all the way down to #1! Today, let's see
what's ...
taking some me time (flea market haul)
-
the flea market it's called *rastro* where i'm from, and i think that word
has more similar vibes to the place than *flea market*, spanish is such and
an...
"The Terror," Year Three
-
There's a mystery that I went into the third installment of "The Terror"
intent on solving, but I never came up with a satisfying answer. I'd read
the V...
The surprisingly effective elongation of Cape Fear
-
Martin Scorsese's 1991 movie *Cape Fear *-- and to a lesser extent, at
least for me personally, J. Lee Thompson's 1962 film that inspired it --
establish...
'American Doctor' Review
-
Poh Si Teng's documentary chronicles three U.S. physicians who volunteer in
Gaza hospitals, operating on Palestinians attacked by the Israeli military.
B...
Death With Louie
-
*"I hope I'm not on 'E True Hollywood Story' 'til I'm dead."*
*Louis Perry "Louie" Anderson* was born in St. Paul, Minnesota on March 24,
1953. He was...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.