13 Days of Bombs
-
*The trump WAR EXPLODES on...13 straight days of shelling Iran*...*in
retribution, 13 days of attacking the military bases by Iran...OUR military
bases....
My Journey Through 1970s TV: Tuesday Nights, 1978
-
CBS and NBC tried their best with new and returning offerings, but neither
had a chance against the juggernaut that was ABC’s Tuesday night hit
factory. F...
ROBOT MONSTER (1953)
-
DIRECTED by Phil Tucker
SCREENPLAY by Wyott Ordung
STARRING - George Nader as Roy
Claudia Barrett as Alice
Selena Royle as Mother
John Mylong as The ...
Calibration Nobel
-
[image: We would like to once again apologize to Dr. Jones for last year's
mistaken announcement. We should really have double-checked the envelope
for thi...
The Weekend That Was
-
An understandable supposition by any reader is that there is a certain
amount of objectivity, if not expertise, in this pundit’scomments or reviews
of m...
Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
-
Director: Steven Spielberg
Writers: Lawrence Kasdan, story by George Lucas and Philip Kaufman
Stars: Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lac...
Not how I expected my morning to go
-
So this morning I had to get up early for a doctors appointment but instead
of my alarm I woke up to an incredibly loud IMMINENT THREAT flood warning
and s...
Blades (1988) or How I Spent My Summer Vacation
-
HELLO
Happy Summer. I'm melting. Hope everyone is doing well!
I went back home to South Dakota for the 4th. Had to put eyes on Dad and
check in on my br...
Can Phoebe be 30?
-
Ah, Phoebe. The milestones are coming too thick and fast for your poor old
mother. I’m still trying to process the enormity that was your wedding, and
her...
Song of Ice and Fire 2027 Calendar
-
We’re proud to announce that the new 2027 calendar with art from the most
talented Tyler Jacobson will be available for sale on 7/21 and here is a
PRE-ORDE...
The jump-break feed is best for engagement
-
[image: Children jumping]
You've got five *feed options* in Settings:
[image: A dialog box titled "Allow blog feed." "Use Jump Break" is
selected.]
...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
Black Box - Fantasy
-
"*Fantasy*" is a song by American band Earth, Wind & Fire, which was issued
as a single in 1978 by Columbia Records. In 1990, Italian group *Black Box*
r...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
5,000 good movies
-
Milestone alert!
Olivier Assayas' *The Wizard of the Kremlin* -- which I saw on Wednesday
via a screener for its Thursday release in Australia, in order ...
'Sheep in the Box' Review
-
Even the greats stumble from time to time. For the *Los Angeles Times*, I
reviewed Hirokazu Kore-eda's disappointing look at grief and AI, *Sheep in
the...
The Schott Heard 'Round the World
-
*Editor's Note: This blog finds and documents the final resting place of
the famous, and sometimes, the infamous. They're not always nice people.*
*"W...
"Send Help" is a Scream
-
Linda Liddle (Rachel McAdams) is an overacheiving corporate worker who has
been promised a VP position at her company. Unfortunately the new boss, an
in...
intentionally ugly
-
there's a lot of ugly art around me, at my house. one of my first posts
here was about my favorite ugly trinkets, if you're interested in looking
at some...
Have Courage (November 2026) - Craig Johnson
-
For me, reading a Craig Johnson novel or short story is very much akin to
enjoying the kind of comfort food I grew up on as a kid. After having read
Johns...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.
1 comment:
I remember seeing that haircut...
Post a Comment