BLOG

Sunday, May 10, 2020

My Mom Will Make Me Take This Down

This beautiful picture of my mom was taken by my Aunt Sharon, at a funeral a few months ago. Grandma Lombardi died. If you're thinking, "Leopard print and red, at a funeral?" you'd need to know that Grandma Lombardi would have loved this look, right down to the red lipstick. The old lady had pizazz and, I think, always liked my mother's style. That's another thing that's great about my mother: style for days. Happy Mother's Day, JoAnna.

I told Joe that this year I'm incorporating him into the blog more in a section called The Joe Chronicles. He's so funny and talented and I love his writing.  Here's what he wrote about my parents.

JOE KOWALKSI 

They're the coolest/ sweetest. When I first met them it was over an extended holiday trip visiting first my family and then hers. By the time we were arriving at their place in rural CT, it was getting late, we'd had some traffic, and were overall pretty tense/ stressed. (Who has two thumbs and is pointing at himself? ME!) Before we even got to the front door, the door was open and they were calling out lovingly. When I got to the door, I got huge hugs, a glass of red wine was placed in my hand, and a pipe of fragrant green was offered. Within a half hour we were all laughing and talking and drinking and smoking and relaxed and I was playing their piano and her mom suddenly said, "You know what? That's your piano! We're giving it to you! We'll work out the details, but it's yours!" And that's how I got my antique baby grand piano from my wonderful in-laws.🥰

0 comments: