Room 205 (2007)
-
October Challenge Day 5
So this Danish film surprised me! Let's talk about:
*Room 205*
As a grandchild of Danes, I think I mistakingly expected more. But...
The Moseley Opens at South Station Tower in Boston
-
Last fall, it was reported that a casual fine-dining restaurant was coming
to a new mixed-use tower in Boston, and now we have learned that it is up
and ...
The Shining (The Shining #1) (1977)
-
HALLOWEEN REVIEWS 2026
by Stephen King
Jack Torrance takes a winter caretaker job at the isolated Overlook Hotel,
bringing his wife Wendy and young so...
Wham! - Club Tropicana
-
"*Club Tropicana*" is a single by English pop duo *Wham!*, released by
Innervision Records in 1983. It was written by members George Michael and
Andrew R...
Safety in the UK?
-
*Good morning, kids...well, it is 3 am...can't sleep...as I perused through
my 23 sources... I came upon a very disturbing item...that the US Military
i...
Witch
-
When the witch created that world
Water dripped off the ice from the leafless tree branch
Into the puddle filled with the small growing organisms
Then t...
BENJAMONSTER NEWSLETTER: October 5, 2026
-
Welcome back to my Monday newsletter! This week, I am taking a look at
Netflix's *East of Eden *and HBO's *War*. Plus, the latest episode of *Ted
Lasso*, m...
Spectrum Allocation
-
[image: Rumor has it that they're finally auctioning off the zeppelin
navigation bands, but everyone is worried that the scary boat captains will
express i...
Cindy Lawson - ¡Long Live the Resistance!
-
*¡Long Live the Resistance!*, the new EP from Cindy Lawson, is exactly what
the title promises: a collection of raging, defiant songs that push back
agai...
TRANSITIONS
-
There were so many reasons for me to see the documentary,* Will & Harper. *A)
It’s a road-trip movie and driving across country has been a hobby of min...
I Sing of Vireos
-
Glam birding season is here! Oh my gosh, sitting on the deck on a crisp
September morning with my two best friends (Shila, who took this portrait)
and Tato...
NEAR DARK (1987)
-
DIRECTED by Kathryn Bigelow
SCREENPLAY by Eric Red & Kathryn Bigelow
STARRING - Adrian Pasdar as Caleb Colton
Jenny Wright as Mae
Lance Henriksen as...
My Journey Through 1970s TV: Thursday Nights, 1978
-
Thursdays in 1978 did not come to mind when I thought back on standout
nights of television from my youth. But when I looked back at the schedule
it was s...
PUT YOUR POOPOO IN YOUR POCKET.
-
Here’s a bunch of stuff: I was just checking the mail and I heard a woman
yell, “PUT YOUR POOPOO IN YOUR POCKET” and I kind of just froze because I
don’t e...
The Mad King is coming to London
-
I had a splendid time in Stratford upon Avon for the premier of Duncan
Macmillan and Dominic Cooke’s epic new stage production of Game of Thrones:
The Mad ...
Google's unprecedented lapse
-
On August 3, a bug in Google's automated security system disabled hundreds,
and probably thousands, of Blogger blogs. ¶
[image: A classical portrait of ...
Back? Where?
-
It seems to be fairly easy for me to say that I'm "back", but where? I'm
back... home? Where is home? Because it feels wrong to say that home is the
yell...
Behold: Doraemon
-
I have a very special little Doraemon that I bought from a BOOKOFF Super
Bazaar in Matsudo, just outside of Tokyo, for ¥400 (about £1.86), and today
I wo...
New St Marcus Pet Cemetery
-
I don't know about other moms, but I love a cemetery when I need to kill
time in the car and I am looking for shade. Idling our cars on a black
asphalt ...
The Undead: Cursed, Restless, and Enchanted
-
The term "Undead" refers to those who have died, but by some means continue
their presence (either their body, spirit, or both) in the world. The
Undead ...
Watching the movie after the podcast, not before
-
When it comes to movies I know are going to be discussed on a podcast, my
conventional wisdom has always been that I should prep for the podcast by
watch...
ugly alien puppets, my beloveds
-
(spoilers: for the movie close encounters, these puppets are shown for the
first time as a big reveal, so if you haven't watched it and want to be
surpri...
Aang and Grogu Get New Movies
-
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to pair these two
features together. "Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender" and "The Mandalorian
and Grogu...
Road Trip 2026 - Part I
-
My grandson and I just completed a road trip of just over two weeks that
completely took me out of my reading rhythm - and I'm still struggling to
get bac...
Strother Martin
-
*"No man can achieve immortality. We don't live for what comes after we
are dead, but for what we can achieve in this life - the only chance we
have."...
A Soft Golden Meadow -- Poem
-
*Author's Note*
This one is my most recent poem, written moments before posting it. This
poem is deeply personal, and touches on a part of me that I di...
Giant Gobstoppers
-
by Sara Johnson, 1st Sunday
Unusual rock formations dot the globe, often in hard to reach places, and
showcase nature’s wonders. Be it volcanic erupt...
Renaissance of the Real
-
Painter and author CYNTHIA VON BUHLER writes about art, surrealism,
animals, and the future of human creativity in the age of AI.