And a Little Bit About Some Other Stuff

Aliens (1) Allston Rock City (5) Anxiety (29) Art (4) Books (8) Boston (6) Boy George (4) Cats (1) Christmas (5) Civil Rights (7) College (2) Comedy (4) Depression (30) Drinkin' (1) Drugs (1) Facebook (6) Family (4) Food (4) Friends (5) Generation X (19) Ghosts (2) God (7) Guns (3) High School (1) Home (3) Jury Duty (1) Kids (1) Killers (4) Lexi Kahn (1) LGBT (3) Liars and Thieves (21) Marketing (2) Men (2) Microtia (1) Motherhood (1) Mourning (3) Movies (9) Music (16) Pets (1) Pickles (4) Poetry (2) Politics (30) Radio (5) Relationships (7) Sci fi (4) Social Contract (6) Sports (2) Technology (4) The Eighties (8) Theatre (1) Travel (5) Treason (2) TV (9) Weird Shit (1) Women (15) Work (3) Writing (4)

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Love, Dorkface

---------- message ----------
From: Michelle
Date: Sun, Oct 23, 2016 at 7:47 PM
Subject: Birthday
To: Jenny

Today I got you a birthday card. In about 3.5 weeks, I'll forget that I did that. I'll remember the day before your birthday, then I'll search frantically for the card, but won't find it in the "safekeeping" place where I cleverly hid it from myself. I'll find it sometime in December, at which point I'll put it aside to mail with a joke scrawled inside about "better late than never, har har." Every time I remember to mail that, I'll forget where it is, then when I find it, I'll delay mailing it out of laziness. When I move, I'll find the card, along with your 2015 birthday card that had gone through all those steps, too.

Love,

Dorkface