“I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” —Oscar Wilde

I Finally Launched A T-shirt Store (Kind Of...)

Guess what, guys? On August 16th I finally started an online store for my T-shirt designs. It was three years to the day of Joe's heart transplant.
 
Custom Ink has been printing my shirt designs for years, but only for my personal use. Custom Ink is great. My rep suggested that I test it out with one design and make it a Fundraiser instead of a store. So I did!
 
This is my "Bear With Me" shirt. I made this one ten years ago at the lowest depths of depression. It's an appeal to please bear with me, and suggests "place teddy bear here." This is an homage to my bear, Orson, who has been with me since I was 12. We've been through a lot together.
 
Whether it's a fundraiser or a store, this is my way of bringing some income. I'm disabled now so I'm trying to navigate things as best I can.
 

About this campaign

In August 2023 Michelle suffered a hemorrhagic stroke that left her unable to speak or swallow, with right-sided paralysis. Two days later Joe unknowingly suffered a heart attack, and because of the damage, Joe needed a new heart. These two were in the hospital for months.

The past three years have had Michelle and Joe seeing many doctors and doing a ton of rehab and therapy. Michelle can walk with a cane now, and her speech is much improved, though she doesn't have the use of her right arm. She does exercises every day for it. She is on Disability.
 

Joe is healthy, but takes a ton of anti-rejection and other medication. He is taking care of Michelle, cooking healthy food, and taking care of the apartment. They live quietly and try to avoid stress—doctor's orders.

Michelle was an artist but can't draw anymore since her stroke. She had the idea of turning some of her pastel drawings, pen & ink designs, and Custom Ink designs into T-shirts to sell. Joe comes up with funny puns and slogans. The name "Bear Necessitees" came from the bear designs she'd made in the past that were Joe's favorites, and the hope that the T-shirt sales would cover some of the "bare necessities" of life

Custom Ink says if it goes well as a fundraiser, I can set up a store! I have a lot of shirt designs.👍
 
Orson!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments: