And a Little Bit About Some Other Stuff

Aliens (1) Allston Rock City (5) Anxiety (28) Art (4) Books (8) Boston (6) Boy George (4) Cats (1) Christmas (5) Civil Rights (7) College (2) Comedy (5) Depression (29) Drinkin' (1) Drugs (1) Facebook (6) Family (4) Food (5) Friends (5) Generation X (22) Ghosts (2) God (7) Guns (3) High School (1) Home (3) Jury Duty (1) Kids (1) Killers (4) Lexi Kahn (1) LGBT (3) Liars and Thieves (24) Marketing (2) Men (2) Microtia (1) Motherhood (1) Mourning (4) Movies (12) Music (16) Pets (1) Pickles (4) Poetry (2) Politics (33) Radio (5) Relationships (7) Sci fi (4) Social Contract (6) Sports (2) Technology (4) The Eighties (8) Theatre (1) Travel (5) Treason (2) TV (11) Weird Shit (1) Women (15) Work (3) Writing (5)

Monday, August 11, 2014

I Applied For a Job

I applied for a part time job at a local consignment shop. I don't even know if they'll contact me (my resume doesn't exactly match the job) but I hope they do; I would love to work in a cool, small place. My mom says I was never cut out for the corporate world and it was killing me, Joe says I gave up everything and put my job first always. I guess I did. Fat lot of good that did me. Wish me luck for a callback from the local consignment shop people.

I've been preoccupied with what happens if they do call me. When do I tell them that I'm being treated for depression and anxiety? How do I get through the interview? What should I say? This is what I've been preoccupied with all weekend. I guess I shouldn't worry about it until there's something to worry about.

They probably won't even call.

1 comment:

L Meade said...

I am so proud of you. I hope they call. And if they don't, you'll find another job to apply to.