BLOG

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Throwback Thursday: 2003

Joe Kowalski (bass/keys All the Queen's Men)

Throwback to 2003 AQM tour! A local photographer came and took great photos of the band. I missed the entire show.

"Great set! Your tour manager is in surgery."

While AQM rocked Bikini Test, a great club in La Chaux de Fonds, I was downstairs in the green room where a Swiss woman whose name I never caught was holding my hand and feeding me tea. My gut was on fire. The band got off stage to find I had been rushed to the hospital for emergency surgery with a severe case of diverticulitis I didn't know I had. You've heard "I left my heart in San Francisco." Well I left my sigmoid colon in Switzerland. Other than that, it was one of the best nights of that tour!
AQM at Bikini Test (La Chaux de Fonds, Switzerland