And a Little Bit About Some Other Stuff

Aliens (1) Allston Rock City (5) Anxiety (28) Art (4) Books (8) Boston (6) Boy George (4) Cats (1) Christmas (5) Civil Rights (8) College (2) Comedy (5) Depression (29) Drinkin' (1) Drugs (1) Facebook (6) Family (4) Food (5) Friends (5) Generation X (22) Ghosts (2) God (7) Guns (3) High School (1) Home (3) Jury Duty (1) Kids (1) Killers (4) Lexi Kahn (1) LGBT (3) Liars and Thieves (25) Marketing (2) Men (2) Microtia (1) Motherhood (2) Mourning (4) Movies (12) Music (16) Pets (1) Pickles (4) Poetry (2) Politics (37) Radio (5) Relationships (7) Sci fi (4) Social Contract (6) Sports (2) Technology (4) The Eighties (8) Theatre (1) Travel (5) Treason (2) TV (11) Weird Shit (1) Women (17) Work (3) Writing (5)

Friday, July 21, 2017

We Have A Winner: Twitter Is Now Closed for the Night

Thanks to Frankie (@phranquigh) for the awesome, clean dead-center Gen X tweet for July 17, 2017. I stumbled across it 4 days later, but of course I immediately followed this chick. This thread, am I right? 

Powerful stuff here, people! Set SNARK level on stun -- so funny I was laughing in that dangerous zone where I can catch just enough breath to gasp, "I'm gonna pee!" Sarah Silverman re-tweeted it. Because of course she did. Though Frankie started it, most of the replies are pure gold, so tonight, EVERYBODY WINS! Here's a glimpse of what's going on over there.

Sarky (@anotherNWkid) pulled out a truly astonishing vid, with Chris Christie playing the lowbrow Violet "Cool it dad, this is my show!" Beauregard. I mean...is this great or what?


@XianJaneway started off the lyrics volley by lobbing this gem. I know I don't even have to tell you to sing it in the tune of the Oompa Loompa song. Aaaaand, go! 

@XianJaneway
Because you're scared of tapes full of PP/Geeks that resist you will screencap and tweet/You will be given a swift. Defeat.

In the next election



Not to be outdone, @cmclymer added a verse. Well done, young man. Well done, I say! 

Oom-pah Loom-pah
Trump is a tool
If you work for him
You'll end up one, too




@BrianKrohn is maybe not as well-versed (see what I did there, Poetry Club?) but in this world, I'm giving out points for even getting close. 

Trump's just a rich boy
He hired his family
Caught in a scandal
Watches Fox & Friends on the TV...


To be clear, Mr. Krohn appears to be using Bohemian Rhapsody, not The Oompa Loompa Song. The Queen song is having its own glorious Gen X Renaissance over in the #Scarramucci thread.   

This thread's got legs. Who's in? It could be like a crowdsourced Leondard Cohen ballad where we can collectively write as many verses as it takes until we're all sick of each other. Who's in? Or, be like Jessica (@princessadrkbl), and I couldn't have said it better. 

@princessadrkbl
"I came for the comments and I wasn't disappointed" 


Thank you. Cute kitty. 

Thank you all. 

Goodnight.

No comments: